Monday, November 18, 2013

Inbox

As mentioned, the house is all packed away, the container set sail yesterday in fact, aboard the vessel 'Cape Ferroli'. Tick this portion of the move from the list.
But leaving a place involves so much more than packing and shipping. There are these beautiful people, now part of our circle of loved ones that we just walked away from. And believe me, we didn't want to. One thing is certain, you can have experience with the process of goodbyes, but this experience doesn't really make the going easier.
One of my lovely friends...
...her name is Shienny, made sure that this arrived in my inbox last week. She titled her email "Our Heavenly Tailor-Made Friendship":

"In friendship...we think we have chosen our peers. In reality a few years' difference in the dates of our births, a few more miles between certain houses, the choice of one university instead of another...the accident of a topic being raised or not raised at a first meeting--any of these chances might have kept us apart. But, for a Christian, there are, strictly speaking no chances. A secret master of ceremonies has been at work. Christ, who said to the disciples, "Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you," can truly say to every group of Christian friends, "Ye have not chosen one another but I have chosen you for one another." The friendship is not a reward for our discriminating and good taste in finding one another out. It is the instrument by which God reveals to each of us the beauties of others.”
― C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves

You can imagine how encouraged I was when I read this! And thankful for the people in Jakarta that "God has chosen" for Rob and I!
It's my pleasure to put faces to the names you have heard me mentioning this past year-
Shienny and Uran:

Sharon, baby Caleb, and Dave:

"The JJ's" - Jan and Jack

Elsa:

Jean:

Martine:

The amazing women's bible study:

I dragged my heels moving to Jakarta, but that is because I didn't realise WHO would be there waiting!
We Miss You!

No comments:

Post a Comment